Albany Barn & Electric City Barn Need Your Support!
We derive our name from the age-old concept of Barn Raising, in which a community comes together, each member bringing with them their own unique set of skills and knowledge, to build a structure aimed at providing support and resources to a community. So as 2023 draws to a close, we hope you will support our year-end campaign and join us in Raising The Barn!
How You Can Support Us:
Albany Barn, Inc. has been designated a 501c3 domestic not-for-profit corporation by the IRS. Should you have any questions or inquiries, please reach out to us!
- Cash: Stop into either location: Albany Barn (56 2nd Street, Albany NY 12210) or Electric City Barn (400 Craig Street, Schenectady NY 12307) during office hours.
- Check: Please write the check to “Albany Barn Inc” and mail to 56 2nd Street, Albany NY 12210. Please write “Donation” on the check.
- Cash App: Find “Al Barn” under $AlbanyBarn
- PayPal: Find Albany Barn or use this link.
- VENMO: Inquire with staff for VENMO Payments
- Text to Give: Text “BARNGIVING2023” to 44-321 to Donate
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
Individual General Membership is now combined to cover all of Albany Barn, Inc. spaces (Albany Barn and Electric City Barn).
$50.00 Annually Individual General Membership is a recurring annual fee with no key card access, and use of day passes during office hours only.
Individual General Membership includes:
- ECB/AB Merch of Choice (one-time),
- All safety trainings for Specialty Studios at ECB,
- One day pass (ECB) and discounts on future day passes, and
- Discounts on select merchandise, classes, space rentals, and events (including ABI’s annual fundraiser: FUSION anti-gala).
BECOME A GENERAL MEMBER
Being a General Member at Albany Barn or Electric City Barn offers so many opportunities at our locations! We want to connect with you and connect you with others!
After purchase, we’ll be sure to reach out to you to make sure the correct paperwork gets completed.
DONATE A GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
Not interested in a General Membership yourself? Consider donating a General Membership back to a community neighbor, artist, or interested person. You’d purchase the General Membership for someone interested and in need.
At checkout simply write ““Donate Membership” in the “Order notes (optional)” spot. We’ll be sure to reach out to you to make sure the correct paperwork gets completed.
GIFT A GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
Consider gifting a General Membership to a creative and artistic friend or family member!
At checkout simply write “Gift Membership to NAME OF PERSON” in the “Order notes (optional)” spot. We’ll be sure to reach out to you to make sure the correct paperwork gets completed.
PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM OUR WISH LIST
We always need different supplies, tools, and materials to keep our locations open to artists and functioning successfully. Consider purchasing (or if you already have something on the list, donating a supply directly)!
Some notes about the list:
- Prices are approximate and don’t include shipping.
- This list is not complete, so if you have tools, materials, or general office supplies that can be donated, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
- If you would like to donate an item on the list that isn’t exactly the same (different brand, different specs); Please check with us, we might still have a need for the donation!
- If you would like to donate items, please set up an appointment to bring them to us at 400 Craig Street in Schenectady, or to 56 2nd Street in Albany. If this isn’t possible, we may be able to schedule pickup.
CONTRACT or PARTNER WITH US OR OUR ARTISTS
We work with libraries, schools, farmers markets, individual organizations, and large groups to provide services. Consider partnering or contracting us to handle the administration of offering a workshop, class, or even public art at your space. Supporting us through this manner also supports our artist as we then in turn contract them to teach the program or facilitate the art portion. Contact us at either location:
PURCHASE ARTWORK FROM OUR GALLERIES
Exhibitions in our gallery spaces are beneficial for our artists and us! Support them and us by purchasing artwork from exhibitions. More information can be found on our social media and website calendars. Check out galleries at either location:
- How to see exhibitions at the Gallery at Albany Barn (56 2nd Street, Albany NY 12210) : Contact us to make an appointment to view the exhibitions: email@example.com
- How to see exhibitions at the Tunnel Gallery at Electric City Barn (400 Craig Street, Schenectady NY 12307) : Viewing will be open during our open office hours (Monday 12-4PM, Tuesday-Friday 10AM-6PM, Saturday 12-4PM) for people to come and take a look at their own time. Members have access to the space after our open office hours (via key card) and can view the work on their time. Contact us to make an appointment to view the exhibitions: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTEND EVENTS, CLASSES, & WORKSHOPS
Find out more information about events, classes, and workshops on the below websites. Join our monthly newsletter list to find out more! Sign up at the bottom of this page under ” Join Our Mailing List: Subscribe”
RENT OUR SPACES FOR YOUR EVENTS, MEETINGS, CLASSES, or WORKSHOPS
Consider renting our spaces for your next event, meeting, class, workshop, or performance. We are happy to help shape the rental to fit your needs and to support us! There are so many options and opportunities at the spaces to make it work for you! Start with a proposal and then someone will be in touch!
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Volunteer at a scheduled volunteer day or schedule a volunteer day with a group of friends, coworkers, or family! We are always updating our spaces to better function for our artists and members. From painting gallery walls, to organizing supply donations, to prepping for programs, there are always a variety of tasks to be done! Contact us at either location:
SPONSOR A PROGRAM or SPECIALTY PROJECT
Are you, or maybe the organization you work with, interested in sponsoring a specific project, program, workshop or event at one of our locations? We can work together to craft a specialty project or program.
If you have any questions about sponsoring a program, contact Casey at email@example.com.
SPONSOR our Annual Anti-Gala Fundraiser FUSION
FUSION is our annual anti-gala fundraiser that happens in October. Maybe you, or maybe the organization you work with, are interested in sponsoring an eventful night? We have carefully crafted our sponsorship benefits to reflect our hope that you will not only support our mission with your dollars, but that you will join in the spirit of FUSION and invite creativity and collaboration into your life.
If you have any questions about sponsoring FUSION, contact Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the full Gift & Support Guide below!
One of the most frequent questions we are asked is “How can I support The Barn?”
The truth is there are so many ways to support our organization, and to invite artists and creatives to the various tables at which you sit in your lives. So we designed this Gift Guide as a tool for you, our valued supporters. We encourage you to browse its pages and find the method (or methods!) of giving that most appeal to your interests and values. But regardless of how you choose to get involved and Raise the Barn, please know that we are extremely grateful for your support.