A core part of Albany Barn’s mission is lifting the professional aspirations of individual artists and creative-based businesses by offering opportunities for networking and development. Help us achieve that end by becoming a speaker in our upcoming Careers Created series!
We are seeking presenters, speakers, and facilitators for workshops, panel discussions, and one-on-one mentoring. If you have skills that have helped you navigate your own career in the creative sector, or experience helping others launch and direct their own small business or freelance career- we want to hear from you!
Potential topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Brand development and management
- Web design and maintenance
- Blogging and social media marketing for working artists
- Establishing and maintaining disciplined studio practice
- Turning your social network into a client list
- Networking for results
- Preparing your portfolio for specific market segments (Interior Design/Home staging, Wedding planners, etc.)
- Bookkeeping and income reporting for freelancers and start-ups
- Developing a freelance teaching practice
- Tech tools for freelancers/start-ups
- Contract development and negotiation
- Copyright protection of intellectual property
Download a proposal here or e-mail email@example.com for more information!